Monday, January 12, 2009

For Beginners

To me, the best way to introduce my blog is not to tell who I am and why I'm blogging (partially because that is answered, to some extent, in the name of my blog). Instead, let me explain why I chose the title of my blog. The inspiration lies in the work of Michel Rabagliati and the titles of his graphic novels and shorter comics. They are simple titles, like Paul Has A Summer Job or Paul Goes Fishing, and part of their charm and cleverness is that they hide the complexity hidden within. Rabagliati creates rich characters and experiences from seemingly banal life occurrences, crafting affecting and (mostly) true stories. And so the name of my blog is a "tip o' the cap" to one of Canada's finest graphic novelists.

Blogging about all things YA will now commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment